Friday, April 14, 2017

Runaway dog

Does this face say, "I'm sorry?" Does it say, "I wish I didn't like to chase rabbits and birds and other things in the woods?" Does it say, "If I had any money, I'd reimburse you for the $135 you paid to reclaim me from the Animal Protective Foundation?"

Yep, Yeager broke his leash today on his morning walk and after looking for him for an hour in the woods behind the high school, I called the cops. Ten minutes later a detective called back and said an animal control officer just dropped him off at the APF in Glenville. He wasn't wearing his tags, so that's where found dogs go. The APF then charges $65/day for boarding and the Town of Niskayuna another $70 impound fee, which goes up with each consecutive offense.

End of story: Dog is safe, kids aren't crying anymore, and we won't be using extendable leashes again.

1 comment:

  1. Naughty Yeager!! $$ is bad enough but causing the kids to cry....

    ReplyDelete