Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer vacation with Carey's iPhone

Downloaded the Blogger app so I can post from the iPad. Here are the best of the photos Carey took during our week at South Lake. Or at least the best of the ones that have populated our photo stream so far. I took hundreds of others with the SLR and will start posting those on Sunday night when we're back home, sans kiddos. 

The Bailey bunch joined us this year for our week in the southeastern corner of the Adirondack Park and I think they had a swell time. They certainly said thank you enough and they brought plenty of eggs. Damond - who grew up in Harlem and hadn't been farther north into New York than exit 20 on I-87 - immediately deemed it a "lake house" and forbids us to call it "camp" ever again. I'm OK with that. Makes me feel more upper middle class. 

We had a wonderful week, weather-wise. Only a couple hours of rain on Thursday. Sunny and high 70s, low 80s the rest of the week. Perfect for swimming, boating, hiking, and just general laziness. We did drive to Old Forge on Wednesday for a hike up Bald Mountain. 

Now we're in Syracuse for the weekend and just got back from a day at the state fair. 

That's the prelude; here are the pics. 










No comments:

Post a Comment