Monday, September 6, 2010

T-minus 12 hours to K-Day

How is it that I'm sitting here typing on the eve of Greta's first day of kindergarten? How is it even possible? I'm thankful we have this blog archive so I can look back and prove to myself that, yes, it has been 5+ years since I wept under an elm tree at Bethesda Naval, thinking our 8-week-premature baby wasn't going to make it through the night. And now the little girl who I call "Big Kid" is asleep in her bed after not making more than a single fuss about tomorrow's momentous occasion. Carey, however, thinks she ought to go buy another dozen pencils just in case. She's working from home tomorrow and I'm taking a later train. Unless Carey feels like posting it before then, I'll share the obligatory Girl Wearing a Backpack (which in our case will be Girl Wearing a Messenger Bag/Backpack Combo) photo tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment