Tuesday, January 19, 2010

38 years young

I worked today, on the actual anniversary of my birth. But we observed my birthday along with Martin Luther King's on Monday. The kids helped Carey cook breakfast from Princess Tiana's Cookbook. Eggs in a Nest washed down with a Swampwater Smoothie. Delish.



Greta and I enjoyed a couple hours together in the afternoon while Lincoln napped. We rode the bike down to Turtle Park to meet friends. Scribbled with sidewalk chalk and played a game called possum, which involves Greta and her friends sleeping in various places while the adults run around and try to wake them up.

At 3:30 a couple friends and their kids came over for a Carvel cake and some Wii bowling. We capped off the day with an early bedtime for the kids and the penultimate episode of Dollhouse for the adults.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rob! I hope your day at the "office" (despite the fact it was your birthday) was at least half the fun as the "office" we worked at as kids. (How long was a work day for us...5 minutes, maybe 10?) Hope your day was great!

    Love-
    Karin, Mark, Kate and Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Rob from the Happy Gilmores!
    Sounds like you had a great day.

    The Dollhouse,... really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, don't be a hater! Do you watch? I pretty much love anything Joss Whedon does. He created "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and television hasn't been the same since.

    ReplyDelete