Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Poetry, by Greta

My folks bought Greta a subscription to Ladybug magazine for her fourth birthday. Nine issues a year, including Nov/Dec 2009, which I'm looking at now. Some sort of fairy queen on the cover, reading a book to an angel boy sitting inside what looks like a conch shell. They're drinking an orange liquid (carrot juice?) from acorn cups that rest atop a mushroom side table. It's a very trippy magazine.

Anyway, they are soliciting poems about snow. Greta is very into rhyming lately, so she dictated these two poems to Carey today at the dinner table.

Snow is falling to the ground
Snow is covering my town
I make angels in the snow
I play all day and I'll never go
I have a sip of hot cocoa

Snowmen are so fun to make
I like to bake hot cocoa
With my mom and dad
It makes me feel warm and glad

1 comment:

  1. Good rhyming, Greta. I like your poem very much!

    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete