Ryan and I agree that the name is a good fit when talking in the abstract about our unborn son. Fun to write, fun to say.
Carey just called from the hospital. They are giving her the last steroid shot tonight at 7pm, so Otto's lungs have the extra jolt they need if he arrives early. And they gave her something to stop her contractions. The logic is that if the contractions relax, so will the heart decelerations. Our best scenario at the moment: They release her Thursday evening and she goes back next week for more monitoring.
I haven't visited yet (heading over during my lunch hour), but I get the sense now that they're not as nervous. There's no sign of fetal trauma and the fact that Greta is healthy after experiencing the same thing is at least anecdotally reassuring.
Will post a photo of Carey in a green gown later this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment