I'm in NYC today and tomorrow, so no pix to share, but thought I'd share a story from daycare. Breakfast always arrives on a cart some time around 8 a.m. I aim to get Greta there just in time for the food, but sometimes we're early. Lately, I've dropped her off around 7:50. She shows me things in the room and brags about me to her friends until the food comes. When the kitchen drops off the food, they don't wheel it in. They leave it outside the door on a cart, but they jiggle the doorknob to let the daycare providers know it's ready. That's their signal to clean up the room and start washing kids' hands.
But now Greta is on to their signal.
On Tuesday, we were reading book XIV in the award-winning Elmo series of board books when the doorknob was jiggled. We were clear on the other side of the room, but Greta's baby ears heard it immediately. She shot out of my lap and proclaimed, "Clean up!" She then proceeded to sing her baby-talk version of the song, which the ladies use to inspire the kids into helping, but which I'm told only Greta has bothered to learn. It sounds vaguely like this: "Mina! Mina! Evey-buddah mina!"
Pavlov and his dogs have nothing on our kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment